Add this simple and speedy dish to your midweek repertoire. A twist on a pasta classic, it combines capers, olives, basil, fennel and garlic with our beautiful smoked mackerel for a quick but delicious meal.
- 200g spaghetti
- 2 smoked mackerel fillets
- 1 bulb of fennel, diced
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 75g green olives, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil – extra to serve
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- Large bunch of basil, torn
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- Pinch of sea salt
- Gently sauté your fennel, garlic, capers, olives and chilli in olive oil and on a low heat for 10-12 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in plenty of salted, boiling water, as per packet instructions.
- Once the vegetables have softened and caramelised, add some torn basil and the mackerel, flaking it between your fingers. Remove from the heat.
- Strain the pasta and toss in a large serving dish with the vegetables to coat. Finish with some extra olive oil. Season with sea salt and plenty of grated parmesan before serving.