If you fancy treating yourself or someone special to a luxury breakfast, this is the recipe for you! Beech-smoked salmon and lightly seasoned scrambled eggs all wrapped up in a gorgeously buttery croissant - it’s the perfect way to start your day.
- 4 Hobbs House bake-at-home croissants
- 180g Macneil’s hot kiln smoked salmon
- 6 Cacklebean eggs, beaten
- 50g butter
- 4 tsp hollandaise sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- Pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Baby watercress
- Defrost your croissants on a lined baking tray covered with a tea towel and allow to prove overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 180˚C. Glaze your croissant with 1 beaten egg. Bake until golden for 15-20 mins.
- To cook the scrambled eggs, melt your butter in a large frying pan and add in the remaining five eggs and the chopped chives. Stir continuously to scramble and season to taste. Remove the skin from the hot kiln smoked salmon and flake into the eggs to warm through.
- Slice your croissants in half and stuff with a handful of baby watercress, followed by the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Finish with a generous dollop of Hollandaise sauce and a pinch of chives. Serve with orange juice or a chilled bottle of sparkling wine.