This is first-class, old-school comfort food! A simple yet soothing seasonal pudding making the most of left over Hot Cross Buns. The addition of Moose Maple Butter and marmalade gives the whole dish some extra zing. So good, you’ll be coming back for seconds!
- 6 hot cross buns, sliced
- 2 Cacklebean chicken eggs
- 250ml whole organic milk
- 200ml organic double cream
- 100g maple butter
- 6 tsp blood orange marmalade
- 2 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp demerara sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180˚C and slice your hot cross buns in half. Spread with Moose Maple Butter and arrange in a roasting tray.
- Make a simple custard by warming 200ml of cream with 200ml whole milk and caster sugar, then add a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Whisk the eggs and gradually pour in the warmed milk and sweetened cream. Return to the hob and warm on a low heat for 3-4 mins to thicken slightly.
- Spoon some blood orange marmalade between each hot cross bun.
- Pour custard over your hot cross buns and leave to soak in for 10-15 mins. Sprinkle with demerara sugar and then bake for 45-50 mins until golden.
- Serve with double cream dribbled over this wonderful seasonal pudding.