For the roast:Garlic & Rosemary Stuffed Roast
Finely chopped rosemary to garnish
1 tbsp oil
For the gravy:1 packet of caramelised onion & ale gravy
1 tbsp caramelised onion chutney
5-6 splashes of vegan Worcestershire sauce
To serve:1kg parsnips, trimmed and chopped
500g baby carrots
250g baby sprouts
Wild sage & roast onion stuffing mix
12 sage leaves, finely sliced
1 tbsp flaked almonds
1 tbsp dried cranberries
2-4 tbsp rapeseed oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp finely chopped thyme
Sea salt to season
- Parboil your parsnips and carrots in salted water for 15-20 mins and preheat the oven to 200˚C. Then place the root veg into a roasting tray and drizzle with oil, maple syrup and thyme. Season generously and cook for 35-40 mins.
- Cut a cross into the sprouts and boil for 7-8 mins. Then refresh in a bowl of iced water and cook in a frying pan with oil, almonds, cranberries and sage for 4-5 mins to caramelise. Season to taste.
- Mix the stuffing with water until it holds together and then form into equal sized small balls. Roast in the oven at 180˚C for 30mins until golden.
- For the gravy combine the gravy with a large tablespoon of chutney and several drops of vegan Worcestershire sauce. Cook on a low heat for 10-12 mins.
- Carve your vegan garlic and rosemary roast into slices and season with a pinch of salt. Then cook in a covered pan with a good glug of oil plus 75ml of boiling water. Cook for 8-10 mins turning halfway through. Add a drop more water if it evaporates.
- Serve this vegan feast with all the trimmings and a good bottle of red wine.