- 1 kg live mussels
- 200g ‘nduja
- 4 shallots, finely diced
- 200ml white wine
- 200ml double cream
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- 75g butter
- Focaccia, warmed, to serve
- Heat a large pot or lidded casserole dish (that will take all the mussels) over a medium heat.
- Sauté the diced shallot in the butter for 3-4 mins until soft and translucent. Turn down the heat to low, add the 'nduja and cook for another 3-4 mins until it has gently released its oil. Be careful not to burn it!
- Next, add the mussels, turn the heat back up and cook on a high heat for 2-3 mins with the lid on. Add the white wine, and after a further 3-4 mins when all of the mussels are open, pour in the double cream. Take off the heat.
- Warm the cream through to make a silky sauce and finish with plenty of chopped parsley. Serve your spicy mussels with warm focaccia and chilled white wine.