For the Christmas Pudding:1 Carved Angel Christmas pudding
100ml Keynvor spiced honey rum
Brandy butter, to serve
For the custard:700ml whole milk
200ml double cream
100g caster sugar
4 egg yolks
3 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp Conker coffee liqueur
- Boil or steam your Christmas pudding for 1 hour according to the instructions on the pack and then make your custard.
- For the custard, start by warming the milk and cream in a small pan until it is hot but not boiling.
- Whisk the egg yolks and then slowly add in cornflour and sugar whilst creaming together into a smooth paste. Pour in the vanilla and then gradually whisk in the warm milk and cream until you have a smooth texture. Return the custard to the heat and cook for 5-10 mins to thicken on a low heat, stirring vigilantly.
- Pour in your coffee liqueur and then either cover with cling film before serving to avoid a skin forming or serve immediately.
- Turn out your Christmas pudding onto a serving plate and carefully warm some rum in a small pan. Pour the rum into a ladle and light the warmed rum with a match. Carefully pour the flaming rum over your Christmas pudding to serve at the table. Pour boozy custard over each portion and enjoy!