Sweet and smoky, higher welfare pork ribs are the star of this recipe bundle, accompanied by everything else you need to make James Strawbridge’s BBQ Pork Ribs and Slaw recipe. Crunchy, British red cabbage, fresh ginger and a touch of Hot Lemon Sauce provide the finishing touches, and remember to pop some pitta breads in your basket for mopping up the juices!
- 800g BBQ pork ribs
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce (optional)
For the slaw:
- 2 carrots, peeled into ribbons
- ¼ red cabbage, shredded
- ½ fennel bulb, finely sliced
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 tbsp root ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp sauerkraut
- 2 tbsp hot lemon sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- To cook the pork ribs, wrap them in tin foil and bake them in the oven at 150˚C for 1-1.5 hours, or if you have a BBQ, use that! Remove them from the tin foil and increase the temperature of your grill to 200˚C. Grill for 15-20 mins, basting regularly with the remaining BBQ marinade (and hoisin sauce, if you're using it).
- To prepare the slaw, peel your carrots into ribbons and toss them in a large bowl with the shredded red cabbage, finely sliced fennel, and sauerkraut. Add in the grated root ginger, chopped red chilli and coriander.
- Instead of mayonnaise, try adding hot lemon sauce to your slaw for a zingy, spiced version. Mix well and season to taste, then serve alongside your BBQ ribs.