James Strawbridge’s Leftover Turkey Reuben Sandwich
When the feast is over for another year, but you’ve got enough turkey to feed the street, this recipe will come to your rescue! James puts a festive twist on a classic North American Reuben to make the most of your leftovers.
- Leftover meat, use anything you have leftover
For the slaw:
For the Russian dressing:
- Tracklements Sweet Mustard Ketchup (230ml)
- Tracklements Strong Horseradish Cream (140g)
- Hot Lemon Sauce (150ml)
- Free Range Mayonnaise (248g)
- Turkey Gravy with Madeira and Sage (350g)
- Pumpernickel Loaf (600g)
- Lincolnshire Poacher Cheese, sliced
- British Mixed Petite Leaves (120g)
- Fresh Garlic and Dill Pickles (222g Drained)
- Make your slaw by grating the carrots, finely slicing the fennel and sprouts and shredding the red cabbage. Toss with 1 tbsp of cider vinegar and season with a pinch of salt.
- Make the Russian dressing by combining 1 tbsp Sweet Mustard Ketchup with 2 tsp of Hot Lemon Sauce, 1 tbsp mayo and 1 tsp horseradish sauce. Stir well and leave to one side.
- Warm the turkey gravy through and carve your leftover ham and turkey.
- Build your Reuben on sliced pumpernickel with a handful of slaw, dollop of your Russian dressing, sliced Lincolnshire Poacher, dill pickles and then the sliced turkey and smoked ham. Finish with a side portion of warm gravy for dipping into or simply pouring over this festive feast.
Get this recipe’s ingredients in one easy bundle.
The Green Grass and High Tides Podcast
In this podcast collaboration with 44 Foods, James explores some of his favourite ingredients from the land and coast of Britain.
More recipes from James
James Strawbridge's Elderflower Eton Mess
James Strawbridge's Pork Pibil
James Strawbridge’s Perfect Pizza Toppings
James Strawbridge’s Baked Feta Salad
James Strawbridge’s Wood Fired Cornish Mackerel