Are you cooking along with James in the Peas episode of our Green Grass and High Tides podcast? Here’s the recipe to create your own version of the summery and fresh Pea and Truffle Pasta.
PEA & TRUFFLE PASTA
- Bertagni Truffle Triangoli 250g
- 50g goat’s cheese, grated
- 6-8 pea pods
- 100g fresh garden peas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 preserved lemon, finely diced
- ½ shallot, finely diced
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- 2 tsp summer truffle, grated [optional]
- Boil a large saucepan of water for the pasta and preheat a small sauté pan for the peas.
- While the pasta cooks for 3-4 mins, heat some olive oil in the other pan and add your shallot, preserved lemon, shelled peas and pods.
- Sauté for 2 mins ensuring you keep the contents moving in the pan on a high heat and for a final minute add mint and half your grated cheese.
- Remove from the heat and add the pasta into the pan with a slotted spoon plus a couple of tablespoons of the pasta water.
- Emulsify the sauce back on the heat for 30 secs, gently coating the pasta in the minted pea sauce and serve with extra cheese and freshly grated truffle on top. Season to taste with salt and pepper.