This recipe is perfect for those last-minute plans when you find yourself needing to feed a crowd but don’t have time to prepare! James’ Chicken Schnitzel Roll is a real crowd-pleaser – crispy on the outside, succulent on the inside and perfectly sandwiched in a fluffy bread bun. Add as many sides as you like and enjoy an al fresco feast!
- 2 free-range chicken breasts
- 120g parsley and thyme stuffing mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp plain flour, seasoned
- 50g mustard butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 burger buns
- ½ red cabbage
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Start by butterflying the chicken breasts by sliding a knife into the thickest part of the meat and gently opening it up. Then flatten with a meat hammer or rolling pin.
- Coat the chicken in seasoned flour and dip it in beaten egg, then coat it in the herby stuffing mix. This tastes like a roast dinner mixed with fried chicken and really is worth trying!
- Fry the chicken in a mixture of melted mustard butter and hot oil until golden. Cook for 10-12 mins and turn halfway through cooking. Mix your cabbage with mayo and season to taste.
- Serve the schnitzel in a burger roll with the cabbage slaw for a quick and highly satisfying way to enjoy chicken. Good quality, ethical fast food at its best!