A big flavoured, soupy Portuguese dish brimming with fantastic quality fish.
Get creative in the kitchen and win delicious prizes with the 44 Foods Recipe Challenge. Follow our recipe below, take a few snaps and send it over to us for judging. The best entry for each recipe will win a bundle of 44 Foods goodies. Ready, steady, get cooking!
Portuguese Seafood Rice
- 600g diced white fish
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 150g raw prawns
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 celery sticks, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red pepper
- 3 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2x 500ml cans of vegetable stock
- 400g Arborio rice
- 1 tbsp paprika (not smoked)
- 4 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to season
- 15g flat leaf parsley, picked and roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, wedged to serve
- Heat half the olive oil and fry the fish and prawns until just-cooked. Remove and season well. Add the remaining oil and fry the onion, celery, garlic and red pepper for 10 minutes, stirring well.
- Add the tomatoes and stock, then bring to the boil. Add the rice, paprika, bay leaves, salt and pepper, stirring well. Reduce the heat to very low, cover and simmer for 20 mins until the rice is cooked but still wet and soupy (add more stock or water if not). Add the fish and prawns, then heat through for 5 minutes.
- Scatter with parsley and serve in bowls, with lemon wedges.