Fantastic as an appetiser or main course, these Greek meatballs make for a versatile, tasty alternative to your usual mid-week meals.
- 225g cooked couscous (using a pre-seasoned variety will add to the flavour. Mediterranean flavour is preferable)
- 300g lamb mince
- 1 tbsp honey
- Half a lemon zest
- 20g mint, chopped
- 10g parsley, chopped
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper, to season
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- Warmed pitta bread, split open so they can be filled, or flat breads
- Baby spinach
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Crumbled feta
- Combine the lamb mince, couscous, honey, lemon zest, mint, parsley, salt and pepper (season to taste).
- Add the crumbled feta and gently mix together. Do not over mix!
- Shape the mixture into 80g flat patties.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a tablespoon of sunflower oil. Add the patties and cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked.