A delicious Portuguese dish that’s packed with spice and flavour.
For our latest Recipe Challenge, we’re sticking with Mediterranean flavours and using a whole marinated spatchcock chicken to create a Portuguese dish that’s packed with spice and flavour. Better still, it’s super easy to add your own unique twists and serving ideas.
If you fancy getting creative and winning some delicious prizes, then follow the recipe below, take a photo of your finished dish and send it over to us for judging. The best entry for each recipe will win a bundle of 44 Foods goodies as their reward. You can find out more and sign up to the Recipe Challenge here.
For the Piri-Piri marinade
- 3 red chillies, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- Fresh ginger, 3cm piece, roughly chopped
- Teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika (not smoked)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 15g pack of fresh thyme, picked
- Blend all the marinade ingredients together in a food processor or pestle and mortar. Trying to keep the integrity of the fresh thyme, add at the end.
- Rub the marinade all over the chicken and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Put the chicken in a roasting tray and cook for 1 hour 20 minutes. Rest under loose foil for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with rice or oven chips and ketchup and mayo.