We’re not sure that leftover mince pies are actually a thing, but if you happen to find yourself with an excess this Christmas, then James has worked his magic on this sensational recipe for a Mince Pie Treacle Tart.
For the pastry:
- 220g plain flour
- 110g unsalted butter
- 50g icing sugar
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1-2 tbsp cold water [if required]
- Pinch of salt
- To serve: maple butter
- Make your sweet shortcrust pastry in advance by rubbing the cold diced butter with flour into a breadcrumb texture. Then incorporate the sugar, beaten egg and salt. Work for a couple of minutes into a dough, adding a drop more water if required for it to come together and then wrap and chill the pastry in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Roll the pastry out into a tart case and blind bake with baking beans for 20 mins at 180˚C. Allow to cool.
- For the filling, simply blitz all your mince pies with honey, clementine juice and zest. Pour into the tart case and bake at 180˚C for 25-30 mins.
- Serve warm or cold with a generous dollop of Moose Maple Butter on the side.