- 4 beef burgers
- 4 bread rolls, toasted
- 1 banana shallot, finely sliced
- 200g British shiitake mushrooms
- 50g butter
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Handful of British petite salad leaves
- 4 slices of red leicester
- 4 slices of cheddar
- Organic gherkin slices, drained [optional]
- Finely slice the shallots then press into one side of your burgers and place on the BBQ grill. Season to taste and cook the beef patties for 3-4 mins on each side and flip to cook through.
- Toast the bread rolls and prepare them with tomato ketchup or mustard, a pinch of baby salad and sliced heritage tomato.
- Cook the mushrooms in a pan with butter for 5-6 mins until golden brown. Season to taste.
- Place the sliced cheese on top of the beef burgers once you’ve flipped them and allow to melt.
- Top the cheeseburgers with cooked truffle mushrooms and garnish with gherkins.