This impressive and unusual pairing makes the most of sweet strawberries and allows the meaty turbot to take on some delicious summer flavours.
Turbot with Strawberry Salad
- 1 whole turbot
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 100ml rosé wine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes
For the strawberry salad:
- 1 punnet of British strawberries, sliced
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp chervil, chopped
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- Pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180˚C. On a roasting tray lay a vegetable trivet of sliced fennel, rosé and orange slices. Drizzle your turbot with oil and season generously with sea salt. Roast for 30-35 mins in the oven until it is cooked down to the bone and the skin is crispy. Baste in the juice halfway through cooking to keep the turbot moist and build the layers of flavour.
- For the salad, macerate the sliced strawberries with a teaspoon of sugar for 10-15 mins. Then toss gently in a bowl with balsamic vinegar and freshly chopped herbs. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Serve the turbot with strawberry salad and some new potatoes on the side.