For the grilled sardines and asparagus:
- 12 butterfly sardine fillets
- 2 bunches of purple asparagus, sliced lengthways
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly slied
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Garlic and herb butter
For the rosemary and lemon seasoning:
For the potatoes:
- 500g salad potatoes, boiled
- 2 tbsp tartare sauce
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dill
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Salt to taste
- Place the sliced red onion, lemon and asparagus on a tray and drizzle with oil. Season and then grill for 10 mins.
- Make the potato salad. Boil the potatoes until soft, then toss in tartare sauce and garnish with dill and lemon. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Remove your asparagus from the grill and lay the sardine fillets on top with a knob of herby butter.
- Season with finely chopped rosemary and lemon zest and grill for a further 6-7 mins until the butter is melted and then sardines perfectly cooked.