- 500g sausage meat
- 1 fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch of fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jar of tomato sauce with basil
- 1 small glasses of red wine (optional)
- 250g roasted tomato, basil and mozzarella girasoli, or pasta of choice
- 2 tbsp grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Fresh basil, to garnish
- Sauté your shallot, fennel, and garlic with olive oil for 4-5 mins. Add in a pinch of fennel seeds, salt and black pepper followed by the pork sausage meat.
- Brown the meat on a high heat and then deglaze the pan with a glass of red wine. Stir in the tomato sauce and balsamic vinegar. Reduce the heat and cover with a cartouche. Cut out a circular sheet of baking parchment with a hole in the centre and simmer for 35-40 mins.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil for the pasta and cook the ravioli for 3-4 mins. Drain and drizzle with a little more oil. Serve with sausage and fennel tomato sauce spooned on top, grated parmesan, basil and a final drizzle of balsamic vinegar.