James calls this warm salad “summer in a bowl” and we think he’s spot on! Creamy, tangy feta nestles on top of British Heritage tomatoes, cucumbers, fresh mint and toasted pumpkin seeds for added crunch. It’s fresh, full of fibre and utterly delicious.
- 200g feta cheese
- 200g cucumber, sliced
- 400g heritage tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 100g red pepper meze
- 2 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
For the dressing
- Start by preheating your oven to 200˚C. Place the feta in a small roasting tin. Add a handful of chopped tomatoes, a spoonful of red pepper meze, some mint leaves and lots of cracked black pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 12-15 mins.
- Next, chop up your cucumber and heritage tomatoes, and toss with a good pinch of salt plus 2 tablespoons of finely chopped mint.
- Toast your pumpkin seeds in a dry pan until they start to crackle and brown, then sprinkle over the salad.
- For the dressing, mix the tahini with natural yogurt, mint sauce, and season to taste with lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Plate up your salad with the baked feta on top and a drizzle of tahini yogurt.