For the brownie batter:
- 225 g unsalted butter
- 450g golden caster sugar
- 110g plain flour
- 100g 100% dark chocolate, melted
- 50g cocoa powder
- 5 eggs, beaten
Your choice of chocolate, sweets, fruit or nuts. James used:
- Dark chocolate with almond and sea salt
- White chocolate with raspberries and popping candy
- Mini Easter eggs
- Chocolate ducklings
- Preheat your oven to 180˚C and line a greased oven tray approximately 20X30cm in size.
- Start by melting your butter and sugar in a saucepan over a medium-low heat.
- While you are doing this melt the dark chocolate over a bain-marie and then stir into the melted butter and sugar pan. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Whisk the cocoa powder and flour together and season with a pinch of salt. Combine all ingredients including the beaten eggs into a thick, velvety chocolate batter and pour into the oven tray.
- Decorate your chocolate brownies.
- Bake for 30-35 mins. Allow to cool in the tray before slicing and serving.