Recipe: Roast carrots with sage, thyme, crispy shallots and crumbled feta
Complement the natural sweetness of carrots with this beautifully savoury serving suggestion.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the chopped garlic, sliced shallots and sage leaves.
- Remove the thyme leaves from their stalks and add the leaves to the pan.
- Remove the tops from the carrots, leaving 2cm of the stalk. Rather than peel, give them a gentle clean and wash using a new scouring pad.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Add in the carrots and boil for two minutes.
- Remove, then add to a large bowl containing the melted butter, sliced shallots, chopped thyme, garlic and sage leaves. Mix together.
- Place evenly onto a baking tray/tin with sides and roast in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F or gas mark 6) for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place in a suitable serving dish. Carefully pour the butter back over the carrots, trying not to drown the crispy shallots.
- Finish with crumbled feta and toasted pine kernels.
James Strawbridge's Posh Beans on Toast
James Strawbridge’s Triple Cheese and Mushroom Sourdough Toastie
Phil Vickery’s Pork Stroganoff
Phil Vickery’s Roasted Belly Pork with Crushed Butternut Squash, Pak Choi and Slaw
James Strawbridge’s Spiced Plum and Apple Crumble