James Strawbridge’s Tuna Ceviche
This no-cook dish uses citrus to cure the tuna. It’s perfect as a light starter or easy to prepare lunch. The coriander, ginger, chilli and lime combine to give it plenty of fresh and tangy flavour.
- 2 tuna steaks
- 4 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 4 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp root ginger, crushed
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1 green chilli, thinly sliced
- ¼ red cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Sea salt to season
- Garnish with caramelised sesame peanuts (optional)
- Crush your root ginger and mix in a large bowl with the lime zest and juice, green chilli, coriander and rapeseed oil. Add a good pinch of sea salt and stir well.
- Dice your tuna steaks into 2cm cubes and mix into the bowl so that it can cure. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Serve the tuna on a bed of shredded red cabbage and spring onion. Garnish with caramelised sesame peanuts and serve at room temperature.
Get this recipe’s ingredients in one easy bundle.
The Green Grass and High Tides Podcast
In this podcast collaboration with 44 Foods, James explores some of his favourite ingredients from the land and coast of Britain.