James Strawbridge’s Luxury Festive Cheeseboard
This luxury cheeseboard recipe showcases our finest British cheeses alongside everything else you need to wow your guests this festive season. Watch out for chef James’ twist on the grapes!
- 200g Potted Stilton
- 200g Snowdonia Black Bomber
- 230g Shorrocks Lancashire Bomb
- 200g Westcombe Cheddar
- 215g Somerset Driftwood Goat Log
- 140g Cotswold Brie
- 200g Lincolnshire Poacher
- Peter’s Yard Sourdough Crackers
- Honeyrose Organic Date & Walnut Toast
- 500g grapes, green, red or both
- Tracklement’s Cheese Collection Gift Pack
- Drink of choice – Black Mountain Liqueur or a bottle of red
- Remove the cheeses from the fridge around 30-40 mins before you want to serve and allow them to come up to room temperature.
- Select your favourite wooden chopping board or ceramic platter and gather plenty of knives and pretty napkins for your guests. Some people like a side plate!
- For a super quick twist on the grapes, roast them in the oven or pan fry them on a high heat with a tablespoon of olive oil, a splash of balsamic vinegar and a crunch of sea salt until they’re wonderfully blistered. Allow to cool slightly.
- To assemble the cheeseboard, place the cheeses first, a little far apart from one another. Then, fill the gaps with the grapes, fruit cheeses or chutneys and crackers.
- Pop open your drink of choice and enjoy, gathered with your nearest and dearest!
Get this recipe’s star ingredient
The Green Grass and High Tides Podcast
In this podcast collaboration with 44 Foods, James explores some of his favourite ingredients from the land and coast of Britain.