James Strawbridge’s Artichoke and Goat’s Cheese Frittata
This is fast food that’s good for you! A quick and filling dish that’s nutritious and tasty and you can put it together in under 20 minutes. If you’re not a fan of goat’s cheese, swap it out for another cheese of your choice.
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp fresh Dill, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- 200g Broccoli, roughly chopped
- 250g Cavolo Nero, spring cabbage or seasonal greens, roughly chopped
- 500g Jerusalem Artichoke, roughly chopped
- 215g sliced Somerset Driftwood Goat Log
- 85g Garlic and Herb Butter, diced
- 1 tbsp oil
- Start by roughly chopping your Jerusalem Artichokes and then parboiling in salted water for 5-10 mins.
- Next, roughly chop your kale and broccoli and dice your herby butter.
- Remove the artichokes from the boiling water and sauté until golden in a pan with a drizzle of oil and the diced butter.
- Whilst the artichokes are cooking, blanche the greens for 2-3 mins.
- Beat the eggs and add in the chopped herbs. Build your frittata by mixing all the ingredients together in the pan. Top with generous slices of goat’s cheese.
- Cook on the stove for a further 3-4 mins and then finish under a hot grill until the cheese is bubbling and the egg has a set texture. Garnish with a pinch of chopped herbs and cracked black pepper.
Get this recipe’s ingredients in one easy bundle.
The Green Grass and High Tides Podcast
In this podcast collaboration with 44 Foods, James explores some of his favourite ingredients from the land and coast of Britain.
More recipes from James
James Strawbridge's Posh Beans on Toast
James Strawbridge’s Triple Cheese and Mushroom Sourdough Toastie
James Strawbridge’s Spiced Plum and Apple Crumble
James Strawbridge’s Fiery Corn on the Cob with Chilli Jam Butter
James Strawbridge's Mackerel Puttanesca