Emma Ellice-Flint’s Warmed Halloumi with Avocado, Chickpeas and Greens
This is a lovely warm salad packed with ingredients that are beneficial for your body and mind. These include phytonutrients – plant chemicals that can enhance immunity and contain antioxidants; and prebiotics – which support the growth of helpful bacteria in your gut.
- 1 avocado, peeled and de-stoned (90g flesh)
- 4 tbsp (80g) cooked chickpeas
- 2 large spring onions (50g), chopped
- 8-10 (140g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 handfuls of chopped green leafy vegetables, such as British seasonal greens, or kale, cavolo nero or chard
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 180g halloumi, sliced
- Using a fork, smash up the avocado and chickpeas, then add a pinch of salt and pepper. Pop onto the serving plates.
- On medium heat, add the oil, tomatoes, spring onions and greens to a frying pan. Cook for a few minutes to wilt the greens.
- Top the avocado with the tomato and greens mixture.
- In the same pan, on medium heat, then add the halloumi to warm and soften for a minute or two either side.
- Pop on top of the avocado mixture and serve while hot.
Learn more about Emma.
©Emma Ellice-Flint ©Emma’s Nutrition