Emma Ellice-Flint’s Overnight Oats with Berries and Ginger
A fast and easy to prepare breakfast that contains oats, which are great for female hormone balance and gut health. Berries are rich in plant chemicals called anthocyanins which boost immunity, reduce inflammation and support the function of your gut and liver. Prepare this the night before for a super speedy and healthy start to the day.
- 60g rolled oats
- 2/3 cup milk (calcium-fortified plant milk or dairy milk) or water
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 125g berries (we prefer blueberries, or when in season, pitted fresh cherries)
- 30g raw almonds or other nuts
- 30g pumpkin seeds (or other seeds such as chia)
- 4 tbsp natural unsweetened yoghurt
- The night before, mix the oats, ginger, water or milk together in a jar.
- Cover and soak overnight. It will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- In the morning, spoon the yoghurt, berries and the nuts or seeds over the top.
Note: If you don’t like ginger, then swap the ginger for 1 tsp ground cinnamon.
Learn more about Emma.
©Emma Ellice-Flint ©Emma’s Nutrition