Emma Ellice-Flint’s Ginger Stir-fry with Tofu
Ginger is the star ingredient of this warm salad – a super speedy supper option that has brilliant anti-inflammatory properties for the gut, as well as aiding digestion. This helps us to feel better all round – both in the body and mind!
- 125g corn kernels
- 2 large spring onions
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp pumpkin or sesame seeds
- 250g finely sliced cabbage
- 250g chopped mushrooms
- 1 bunch baby pak choi, chopped or 2 handfuls chopped greens
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2 tbsp coarsely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 200g firm tofu, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Juice from 1 lime
- Put the oil, seeds and corn into a large frying pan or wok on medium heat. Cook for a couple of minutes to toast the seeds, stirring occasionally so the seeds don’t burn.
- Chop the spring onions, add to the pan, and stir to combine.
- Thinly slice the cabbage and add to the pan along with the rest of the ingredients, including the tofu, except for the lime and coriander.
- Cook until the green leaves have only just begun to wilt, then remove everything from the pan.
- Season with lime juice and some salt or soy sauce, then scatter over coriander leaves.
Learn more about Emma.
©Emma Ellice-Flint ©Emma’s Nutrition