Emma Ellice-Flint’s Field Mushroom ‘Toast’ with Greens and Poached Eggs
Eggs are a great source of protein as well as containing vitamin B12, which supports your nervous system and energy production. This recipe has plenty of fatigue-busting ingredients, including mushrooms, tomatoes, spring onions and green leafy vegetables.
- 2 large field mushrooms (Portobello mushrooms)
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 large handfuls of chopped green leaves, such as British seasonal greens, kale, chard or cavolo nero
- Switch on a sandwich press to heat, if you have one, and put a pan of water on to boil.
- Once the water is boiling, turn it down to simmer and add the eggs to poach for 4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the sandwich press to cook for 5 minutes, depending on the power of your press (alternatively cook in the frying pan).
- Put a frying pan on to medium heat and add the oil, spring onion, tomato and cumin seeds.
- Cook for a couple of minutes, and then add the greens to wilt. Then season with salt and pepper.
- Place the cooked mushroom onto a serving plate, top with the wilted greens, and then add the eggs. Finally, season with salt and pepper.
Learn more about Emma.
©Emma Ellice-Flint ©Emma’s Nutrition