Emma Ellice-Flint’s Carrot and Turmeric Hummus
An essential snack to have on standby in the fridge and perfect teamed with chopped raw vegetables.
The chickpeas and tahini contain phytoestrogens that help support hormone balance. Once made, you can store this in the fridge for a couple of days or freeze in batches for future use.
Makes approx. 6 portions
- 180g carrots
- 250g cooked chickpeas (cook your own or from a can), saving about 20-30ml liquid from the chickpea cooking or can, or use water
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 heaped tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric powder or 3 tsp fresh grated turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- Peel then cook the carrots by whichever way you prefer.
- If you’re cooking your own chickpeas, follow the packet instructions.
- Once the carrots are cooked, put all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until creamy in texture.
- If it’s too thick, slowly add more water until you have the desired consistency.
- Check the seasoning. Add more salt, cumin or vinegar, as you like.
Learn more about Emma.
©Emma Ellice-Flint ©Emma’s Nutrition