Get creative in the kitchen and win delicious prizes with the 44 Foods Recipe Challenge. Follow our recipe below, take a few snaps and send it over to us for judging. The best entry for each recipe will win a bundle of 44 Foods goodies. Ready, steady, get cooking!
Pan-fried salmon with lemon and rocket risotto
1 onion, finely diced
200g arborio risotto rice
Small glass of white wine
1 lemon, zested and 2 tbsp of lemon juice
750ml vegetable stock
50g bag of rocket leaves
25g finely grated parmesan and additional shaved for garnish
2 x 110g skin on salmon fillets
- Melt half the butter in a saucepan. Add the onion and cook over a low/medium heat for 5-7 mins until the onion is softened but not coloured.
- Stir in the rice and cook for a minute, stirring to coat.
- Stir in the wine and lemon juice and allow to evaporate.
- Add a ladleful of hot stock and stir frequently until it has been absorbed. Continue to add stock, a ladleful at a time and stir until completely absorbed – usually takes about 20 minutes.
- With the last ladleful stir in the rocket to wilt, reserving some leaves for garnish.
- Meanwhile cook the salmon fillets in a non-stick frying pan for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Before serving, stir in the remaining 25g butter, lemon zest and Parmesan.
- Spoon the risotto into two serving bowls, top each bowl with a salmon fillet and garnish with additional Parmesan and reserved rocket leaves.
- Serve with the warmed focaccia.