If you’re getting prepared for a weekend of trick-or-treating, this week’s podcast recipe is perfect for keeping tummies (large and small) warm and happy. James’s Ultimate Cheeseburger features prime Scotch beef and award-winning Snowdonia Black Bomber cheddar.
James’s Ultimate Cheeseburger
- 4 1/4lb Steak Burgers
- 4 brioche burger rolls
- 1 tsp veg oil
- 4 Portobello mushroom
- 200g Snowdonia black bomber cheese, sliced
- Cracked black pepper and sea salt to season
- 2 tbsp Hot lemon sauce
- 2 tbsp mayo
- Little Gem lettuce
- Handful of Sliced Gherkins
- We recommend serving alongside a cool glass of Pure UBU from Purity Brewing Co – for the grown-ups of course!
- Remove the stalk from your mushroom and place a large disc of Black Bomber cheese on each mushroom. Bake at 180˚C in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Cook your beef patties in a ridged skillet with a little oil for 6-8 mins and season to taste.
- Toast your burger rolls and spread with a little hot lemon and mayo sauce.
- Build your burger with a couple of crisp little gem leaves on the base and then your cooked beef burger, next sliced gherkins followed by the grilled cheesy mushroom.
As featured in
The Green Grass and High Tides Podcast
In this podcast collaboration with 44 Foods, James explores some of his favourite ingredients from the land and coast of Britain.