For the chicken
- 1 free range spatchcock chicken with BBQ glaze
- 85g garlic and herb butter, sliced into discs
- 1 lemon
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
For the broccoli
- 250g sprouted broccoli, blanched
- 6-8 spring onions
- 1 tbsp tarragon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt to season
For the sweet potato
- Start by preheating your oven or BBQ to 200˚ C. Using a hot ridged skillet cook your glazed chicken, garlic and lemon for 5-10 mins to lightly char the skin and add a level of caramelisation. Then sprinkle with chopped tarragon and chives plus the herb butter.
- Roast the chicken on a tray in the oven with the garlic and lemon for 45 mins.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthways and hasselback. Rub with oil and sea salt and roast with the chicken.
- Use the skillet to cook your spring onions and broccoli over a high heat for 5-10 mins. Toss with tarragon, oil and a good pinch of salt to season.
- Check when the chicken is done by probing with a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the leg or breast so its above 73˚C. Allow the chicken to rest for 10-15 mins.
- Serve this meal with chilled apple juice on the side and garnish the side dishes and chicken with extra freshly chopped herbs.